Re: Stable update proposed for ganeti (fixing #528618)

Iustin Pop wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 08:05:15PM +0200, Iustin Pop wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to update ganeti to stable-proposed-updates to fix the above
bug. It's a simple one-line change; I see only one potential breakage
out of it - if people already did the symlink fix pointed out in the
bug, but with the symlink pointing to a different version of Xen,
then this version will change what xen version they use. More
 clearly: - if currently /usr/lib/xen points to anything else than
   /usr/lib/xen-3.2-1, then
 - this upload will break people's HVM-based clusters

Here is the proposed diff:
[…]
Let me know if this is OK or not, or if you need more information.

Ping? Did I miss some crucial information that is needed?

The one thing that concerns me is the potential breakage you raised yourself. Is it possible to detect that the user has moved the symlink and leave it as-is?

Regards,

Adam