Re: Migration of Scilab into testing

Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Le dimanche 18 octobre 2009 à 14:54 +0200, Luk Claes a écrit :
>> Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

>>> I don't think there is any port planned to hppa. Therefor, if I understand
>>>
>>> correctly, the
>>>
>>> best way to see Scilab into testing is too disable the build on hppa. Will
>>>
>>> it enable the
>>>
>>> testing migration ?
>> Why can for hppa not another jdk be used?
> Because, last time I tried, they were fully not operational for Scilab (which is using Swing GUI for example)
>
>> Iff no other jdk can be used, then filing a removal bug against unstable
>> to get the old binary packages removed will make it transition to testing.
> I filed this bug against ftp.debian.org a few weeks ago:

Please do use the documented way by either using reportbug or the info at:

http://wiki.debian.org/ftpmaster_Removals

Next to the removal of hppa, there are currently still some other problems:

$ grep-excuses scilab
scilab (4.1.2-6 to 5.1.1-11)
    Maintainer: Debian Science Team
    37 days old (needed 10 days)
    out of date on hppa: scilab-bin (from 4.1.2-6)
    out of date on powerpc: scilab-bin (from 4.1.2-6)
    scilab (source, i386, amd64, armel, hppa, ia64, kfreebsd-amd64,
kfreebsd-i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc) has new bugs!
    Updating scilab introduces new bugs: #526105
    Not considered

Cheers

Luk