Re: Dropping expat libtool .la file

Le samedi 24 octobre 2009 à 14:10 +0200, Daniel Leidert a écrit :
> I'm in favour of finally dropping the libtool .la file in the
> libexpat1-dev package. This has already been done in the past, but
> reverted [1] for Lenny. I'm currently preparing an update of the package
> and I would like to drop this file. But this might require a bunch of
> binNMUs. I did not yet check, which packages are affected (usually only
> those shipping a libtool .la file themself). I will attach a list of
> packages ASAP.
>
> Are you ok with this?

Personally, I am not. Didn’t we have enough with libogg?

You need to ask maintainers of reverse-dependencies to drop their
dependency_libs line instead.

 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :
`. `'   “I recommend you to learn English in hope that you in
  `-     future understand things”  -- Jörg Schilling