Re: open issues with the hppa port

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 1:26 PM, dann frazier <dannf@dannf.org> wrote:
> After about a week of loaded uptime, penalosa returned to instability
> over the weekend.
>
> It began with an Illegal instruction leading to a panic:
>  http://people.debian.org/~dannf/penalosa/penalosa.0
>
> I then rebooted it, and the console was hung immediately after boot:
>  http://people.debian.org/~dannf/penalosa/penalosa.1
>
> Note the rc.local segfault there.
>
> I rebooted it again, and it crashed after only a few minutes:
>  http://people.debian.org/~dannf/penalosa/penalosa.2

Exactly how did you install the kernel and what sources were used to build it?

The trace looks familiar (crash in unwind_once), and I thought it had
been fixed by Kyle already. I will put together a kernel for you to
boot on penalosa.

> peri (identical hardware/kernel) has been up for about 20 days now.

Please issue a sysrq-t (ctrl^c, send break, t) on peri's console and
tell me if it crashes the kernel?

Cheers,
Carlos.