Re: will 2.6 be default?

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 09:20:51PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> I'm confident that, if the right coordination of effort and publicity of
> the necessary to-do tasks were applied, there would be ample willingness
> From Debian members who want Python 2.6 in Debian Squeeze.

It would indeed be nice if someone could list the hurdles that stand
between us and Python 2.6 in Squeeze, or point us to the web page that
lists them.

Python2.6 is in experimental:
http://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/python2.6
Python2.6 is in Ubuntu jaunty:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2009-May/028266.html

Has anything changed since:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2009/03/msg00091.html
and:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2009/08/msg00003.html
?

I read the list and can search the archives, but have not found a list
of tasks that need doing to get 2.6 in squeeze.

--
Nicolas Chauvat