Re: Bits from the release team: Release goals, schedule, state of the union

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Is that actualy a release goal for squeeze?

Yes, that's the release goal because it requires work on many packages.

There's no point in having a release goal stating "wait until ftpmasters
apply buxy's patch to allow 3.0 source packages".

> Since blindly changing dpkg-source to use 3.0 format breaks packages
> maybe a better change would be to make a missing debian/source/format
> first a warning and then an error. But maybe that is just me.

Many transition scenario are possible, I chosed one that makes most sense
to me. It's not going to be disruptive if we take the time to prepare for
the switch. This is what this release goal is about.

Raphaël Hertzog