Re: Security update for ‘burn’ package

Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 03:57:34PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > The package ‘burn’ has a security bug open, assigned the alert
> > number TEMP-0542329 “burn: Insecure escaping of file names”. I have
> > been advised to make a bug-fix release of this package for ‘stable’
> > and send a ‘debdiff’ output to this forum.
>
> Advised by whom?

Moritz Mühlenhoff, in a response to the bug report
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=542329#44>.

> The Security team? If not, they should be contacted about it as of
> [DevRef 5.8.5].

If you mean <team@security.debian.org>, they were also addressed by the
same message that resulted in the creation of ‘TEMP-0542329’.

--
 \     “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” —Aldous |
  `\                                                            Huxley |