Re: open issues with the hppa port

* Carlos O'Donell (carlos@systemhalted.org) [090821 16:49]:
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Andreas Barth<aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> > As an current exmaple, take the libcdio-transition. This transition
> > needs to have updated packages xmms2, xmp and vlc. However, the
> > packages are out-of-date on hppa, and for this reason cannot enter
> > testing (and they depend on an old library that will go away with the
> > transition).
>
> vlc 1.0.1-1 builds on hppa:
> https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=vlc&arch=hppa&ver=1.0.1-1&stamp=1250706425&file=log&as=raw
>
> xmp 2.7.1-1 builds on hppa:
> https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=xmp&arch=hppa&ver=2.7.1-1&stamp=1250460366&file=log&as=raw

Thanks for both packages. They should arrive at about the same time as
vlc on mipsel, so that we can hopefully finish this transition soon.

> xmms2 is the only package that doesn't build.
>
> Analysis of the xmms2 build shows that this is a python crash.
> Thankfully the python crash reproduces (in a different location each
> time). I'll look into this.

Good. I might still break this package because libcdio is blocking
lots of binNMUs, and we need to try to keep transitions as small as
possible, but of course as soon as this package is fixed it's welcome
to get in sync (and if you need help for that from the release team
please don't hesitate to contact us).

Cheers,
Andi