Re: TeX Live plans for the squeeze cycle

> So bottomline I see:
> - Till December I am not sure we can get TL2009 into stable

Let me add two things. First, I think "not sure" is a bit weak. We'd
need a whole lot of luck to manage that. Remember the first mail you,
Norbert, wrote when the "December freeze" was announced...

Second, TeX is known as stable and conservative, and therefore people
might think that an old release might not be a big issue. However, I
don't think this is true for any application except maybe (maybe!)
building of package documentation.  There have been major developments
in the TeX world in the last couple of years, and offering Debian stable
users in 2010 a 3 years old TeXLive releas with a 5 year old LaTeX
kernel would be a pain.  Even if we finally managed to make packages
with such old LaTeX installable, there's a reason for the warning, and
indeed I couldn't recommend anyone to use Debian's TeXLive in squeeze,
would it be TL 2007.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster