Re: On cadence and collaboration

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 02:08:26AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Or is some incremental freeze still supposed to happen?

During the talk/discussion at DebConf, IIRC Luk stated that
incremental freezes had a negative effect because for many developers
it was not clear what/when was going to be frozen. The logical
consequence drawn there (again, IIRC) has been that the release team
would prefer releasing all at once.

Note, however, that we have always used to have unblocks during
freezes; the policy on how unblocks are handled is completely
orthogonal to how "sharply" you freeze.

> (Putting -release in Cc to catch their attention.)

Keeping that to ensure I'm not on crack with my memories :-)

Cheers.