Wireless USB Adapter Hardware for Debian 5.01

Hi:

I have tried Debian 5.0.1 and I liked it.  However, I was disappointed
in that it doesn't seem to have any wireless configuration capability.
It only automatically configures a network cable card.

This capability is important to me and I am sure others as well
that have only one cable connection in one room but have
computers for other family members in other rooms.

Ubuntu, Fedora and Puppy all have this feature.

Does Debian plan to develop such a feature in the future?

Thank you