Re: The next upload of libpisock9 will Breaks: many packages

Michael Biebl a écrit :
Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
Hello,

The new upstream version of pilot-link 0.12.4 is not ABI backward compatible. And upstream broke the ABI and forgot to change the soname.

then why don't you just bump the soname yourself. That's imho the only sane and
maintainable option. Change the soname to something like libpisock.so.9d (d for
debian) to not conflict with any future upstream soname bump.

I am trying to work with upstream on a new upstream release with the soname bump.

I also discovered that _only_ 2 Debian packages are impacted: jpilot (already updated and maintained by me) and jppy (work in progress). So the Breaks: may be simple a solution to avoid problems in the lenny -> squeeze upgrade for these 2 packages.

Thanks

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau