Re: scheduling ICU 4.2 transition

Hi,

Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> permission to upload ICU 4.2.1 to unstable.  I understand and fully
> support the new policy of getting advance permission and trying to
> coordinate transitions, but I'm unsure of how long I should expect to
> wait before receiving a response one way or the other.

I am not from the RT..

> The actual 4.2.1 differs from 4.2.1~rc1 in experimental by only one line
> of code and that line is inside of an #ifdef that only runs on Windows,
> so for our purposes, 4.2.1~rc1 in experimental is identical to 4.2.1.
> I'd still like to go ahead and get the transition going, but as per
> requests to debian-devel-announce, I intend to hold off my upload until
> I get confirmation from debian-release.

... but a transition to ICU 4.2 involcing bin-NMUs would disrupt the suitesparse
transition which afaics is nearly ready and just needs some hinting/forcing by the
RT. After this, *in my opinion* there shouldn't be a problem, but that of course
is no official statement by the RT :()

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73