Broken (looser) dependencies due to dpkg-dev bug

Hi!

Due to an unfortunate copy-and-paste typo, dpkg-gensymbols has been
generating broken symbol files since dpkg 1.15.3 (2009-06-27), which
makes the dependencies of packages using those shared libraries looser
than they should. The bug in question is #536034.

I've just uploaded a fixed dpkg (1.15.3.1) few hours ago, once it's
built everywhere, all packages providing symbol files uploaded after the
broken dpkg should get rebuilt, ordered by reverse build dependency
usage, so that we stop more packages being built with loose dependecies.

Once all those have been fixed then broken packages using those shared
libraries could be rebuilt as well. I could try to automate finding
which ones then, and provide another list.

I'm attaching a script to get the list of the initial symbol file
providers. The ordering, I've done manually, so please review.

Ordered by rounds (next round cannot be started until the previous one
has been built everywhere):

  eglibc

  gcc-4.4

  bluez chasen chmlib e2fsprogs embryo enca glib2.0 libkate libnet
  lm-sensors-3 tcp-wrappers sqlxx unbound

  libvirt gpsd gtk+2.0 qof samba

  geoclue libgksu libquicktime pidgin

This one does not seem to be affected:

  awn-extras-applets

regards,
guillem
#!/bin/sh

host_udd=merkel.debian.org
psql=/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/psql
udd_sql="ssh $host_udd $psql -t -A 'service=udd'"

dpkg_date=`echo "SELECT date(date) FROM upload_history \
                 WHERE package = 'dpkg' and version = '1.15.3';" \
           | $udd_sql`

echo "SELECT package FROM upload_history \
      WHERE date > timestamp '$dpkg_date 00:00';" \
  | $udd_sql \
  | sort -u \
  > uploads.list

lintian_lab=/srv/lintian.debian.org/laboratory

ssh lintian.debian.org ls $lintian_lab/source/*/binary/*/control/symbols \
  | cut -d/ -f6 \
  | sort -u \
  > symbols.list

cat uploads.list symbols.list \