libcdio transition

Dear release team,

I'd like to upload a recent libcdio to unstable.
Unfortunately, as usual with libcdio, upgrading from 0.78.2 to 0.81
means breaking the ABI and changing the sonames of the libcdio and
libiso9660 libraries...

FWIW, here is the list of (source packages of) packages that depend on
libcdio7 or libiso9669-5:

# grep-aptavail -F Depends libcdio7 -o -F Depends libiso9660-5 -s Source:Package | sort -u
Source: aqualung
Source: audacious-plugins
Source: cdw
Source: fuse-umfuse-iso9660
Source: gmerlin
Source: gst-plugins-ugly0.10
Source: gvfs
Source: kover
Source: libcdio
Source: libdevice-cdio-perl
Source: mednafen
Source: oxine (0.7.1-3)
Source: vcdimager
Source: vlc
Source: xmms2

Note that libcdio 0.81-3 was already uploaded to experimental.
How should I handle the transition to the best?

Cheers,

Nicolas

PS: please CC replies to me, I am not subscribed to -release.