Re: Upcoming Lenny Point Release

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 08:25:00PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we intend to do a Lenny Point Release on Saturday, June 20th.  We will
> clear stable NEW in the coming days and then declare the point release
> frozen.  Please hurry up if you still need something to go into Lenny
> at that point.

A regression was reported yesterday in the linux-2.6 package in
proposed-updates. The bug is #533657.

Let me know if you think this is worth a delay of the point release.
We have a stable upload planned for immediately after 5.0.2, so if the
release continues on schedule, we will be able to direct affected
users to the p-u apt source for a fix.

I also have two builds in progress - one w/ the fix in #533657 and one
with the offending patch reverted - in case you decide to
delay. Between the two, I would recommend the reversion approach
unless we receive some positive feedback from the reporter of the
original issue in time.

Poor timing I know - my apologies for letting this regression slip in.

--
dann frazier