ICU 4.2 transition plans

Release team,

This message is just a heads-up.  No action required or requested at
this time.

I have just uploaded ICU 4.2 to experimental.  Once it clears NEW and
the openoffice people have tested, I will contact debian-release again
to coordinate a transition.  There are no source-level
incompatibilities, so most reverse dependencies should get by with
just a binary NMU.  As you probably realize, both boost and openoffice
are reverse dependencies of ICU, so though it has few direct reverse
dependencies, it has a potentially long chain of packages that could
get tangled up in a transition.  When the release team gives me the
okay, I will upload to unstable.  I'm guessing it will be a few weeks
before I request scheduling of the transition, but I just wanted to
make sure this would be on your radar.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>