Re: [pkg-boost-devel] Upload of Boost 1.38

+ Steve M. Robbins (Sat, 09 May 2009 09:55:15 -0500):

> On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 12:09:17PM +0200, Adeodato Sim?? wrote:
> > + Adeodato Sim?? (Mon, 04 May 2009 18:18:46 +0200):

> > > Okay, please make a second upload of boost-defaults already (it's okay
> > > to upload multiple versions to NEW), particularly because of the second
> > > issue you mention (the packages not being arch:any).

> > I've started seeing some FTBFSes because of packages having moved to
> > boost1.38, and reverse build-dependencies of these staying with the
> > unversioned -dev packages. Is there an ETA for this upload? Thanks!

> Done.  It should hit the NEW queue shortly.

Great, thanks. It's been accepted already, you should have received mail
about that. :-)

Could you prepare a mail to d-d-a, explaining that we're back to
unversioned development packages for Boost, and that everybody should be
looking into build-depending on these? In particular, this needs
mentioning:

  * everybody who's depending on versioned pacakges should look into
    moving to the unversioned packages; if they were using boost 1.38
    already, this implies no change and it'll just work; if they were
    using an earlier version, it'll imply making sure the package builds
    with 1.38 when uploading

  * if they were still using unversioned packages, it would be great
    if they could verify whether the packages continue to build with
    1.38 now, and make an upload if that's not the case. Bin-NMUs will
    be scheduled later on, and it'll be great if the maintainers have
    had an opportunity to check for failures and fix them already.

And then, include a list of maintainers for both groups.

If you can't take care of such post, please let me know and somebody
from the Release Team will take care.

- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.
        -- Rory and Lorelai