Re: Dealing better with CD releases

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>    b. Stop linking directly to the images, and go via redirects. Could
>       maybe be a central cgi, maybe even with intelligence to redirect
>       to good/close/fast/up-to-date mirrors. Could work, but needs
>       implementing. :-)

This sounds like a good idea, but there would still need to be logic
to detect which mirrors had actually managed to get up to date... and
that bit is probably a bit complicated.

Don Armstrong

--
"It's not Hollywood. War is real, war is primarily not about defeat or
victory, it is about death. I've seen thousands and thousands of dead