Re: Release update: deep freeze, planned dates, and remaining bugs

Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Adeodato Simó wrote:
>> The weekend of February 14th is going to be our tentative target for
>> release. We've checked with all the involved teams (which are many!),
>> and the date works for all of them.

Just to clarify: we've checked with key people if the date would be ok
and if they could coordinate with the people actually doing things.

> you forgot debian-live@lists.debian.org. remember that producing final
> live images requires:
>
>   a) having network access to a mirror that has lenny final through http

Does that mean lenny has to be stable already or would lenny (testing)
not changing anymore be enough?

>   b) me having about 8 to 12 hours of time to actually put all the
>      images and flavours together.

I guess it means not changing anymore.

I plan to stop testing migration after Thursday's last run, does anyone
see a problem with that (apart from everything needing to be ready at
that time)?

Anyway, if you need/want to build the images after the actual release
that will mean earliest Saturday afternoon and more probably Saturday
evening/Sunday.

>   c) let sledge mirror them to cdimage.debian.org (it's about ~50gb)

I hope that would be similar to the other CD images, so would not cause
much additional overhead?

> thank you for your cooperation.

Likewise!

Cheers