Re: mercurial: pre-approving and sponsoring a possible NMU upload to t-p-u to fix an important bug (#513183)

* Eddy Petrișor [Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:54:03 +0200]:

> Hello release team,

Hello, Eddy (and Mercurial maintainers).

Here are my thoughts on the issue:

  - a patch for this should really get an ACK from the maintainers

  - if not, you should follow the usual procedures for NMUs for < RC
    bugs, which start by waiting at least a week for a response

  - I'm doubtful this bug warrants a t-p-u upload, but since we've
    allowed them for non-RC bugs during this cycle, I won't block it
    if you come to an agreement with the maintainers that this is an
    appropriate solution

(Just for the record, I think it's an unfortunate use of /etc loading of
extensions if a warning is going to be inevitably printed when the
extension packages are removed but not purged. I also realize this does
not have an easy solution without cooperation from upstream.)

So, Eddy, let's wait a bit to hear what the maintainers think.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Que no te vendan amor sin espinas