Re: Your 'xine-ui' NMU introduced new RC bug #512839

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 02:25 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > Just as a remark regarding your intended fix: I haven't yet seen the
> > place where xine does a wait() or waitpid() for those forked childs to
> > clean up the zombies. If there is a place, ok, I just havn't seen it
> > yet.
>
> I added signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_IGN) which should make that unnecessary.
>
> Also, the change I actually made to xine-ui *does* include a loop to
> close fds 3-255 (sadly there is no easy way to find out what the last
> open fd is).  So unless xine is opening a *huge* number of files I can't
> understand this bug.

OK, now I see what's happened.  The correct fix for #374644 is in sid,
but not in lenny.  Because the new version of xine-ui in sid changed
library dependencies, it could not propagate to lenny and I had to
upload separately to testing-proposed-updates.  I mistakenly uploaded an
earlier version of the changes which has this bug.  I will upload a new
version to t-p-u.

Ben.