Re: Pre-approval for squirrelmail-plugins

On Monday 26 January 2009 11:24, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
> I tried to discuss this with my sponsor (in CC) but he didn't answer for
> a few days and to not delay release I want to ask you directly:

I've been away for the weekend.

> I'm maintaing a few squirrelmail plugins which are automatically
> activated in postinst (and deactivated in postrm). When I reviewed my
> packages a few days ago I noticed that I corrected two of them. They all
> used a command-with-path-in-maintainer-script (lintian warning), now two
> of them don't while the others still do.
>
> This is normally not a big deal but I could imagine that someone for
> whatever reasons changes his squirrelmail-configure and copies it to
> /usr/local/bin. Then two plugins would use that one and others wouldn't.
> That *could* in *some* situations [1] lead to unexpected behaviour.

I think the chance that someone wants to change the behaviour of
squirrelmail-configure is sufficiently small that I think it's perfectly
acceptable if this change would be done in the next release. However, if you
and the release team are fine with fixing it for Lenny, of course that is ok.

cheers,
Thijs