Re: apache2: binNMU, t-p-u and maybe s-p-u uploads

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 12:10:09PM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> I will binNMU in unstable using +b7, so that +b6 remains available for
> Lenny. Hm, while I'm at it, why don't I use +b20 for unstable, so that
> we have room in Lenny (even after released) for binNMUs for as long as
> apache2-mpm-itk doesn't get a sourceful upload in unstable?

Yeah, probably.  We had binNMUs of it in almost every point release (ok,
granted, last time it was a sourceful upload instead).  Of course the binNMUs
in unstable will expire away at some point and we have no safeguards in place
to see which binNMU version we are currently reusing.  So it might become
moot, but I think we should open some window here.  20 looks overly large
(there really should not be more than 2 binNMUs per point release) but
it would also be a safe choice after all.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Release Assistant