Re: Source compliance for D-I build dependencies: follow-up

* Martin Michlmayr [Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:07:06 +0100]:

> * Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> [2009-01-16 11:32]:
> > Now, for the less easy part: code that gets embedded. Steve Langasek has
> > kindly provided us with an initial draft for the list of packages that
> > should be checked [2]. This is a subset of D-I's build-dependencies,

> Why are they a subset of d-i's build-deps?  The d-i build process
> pulls in udebs via the mirror, so there are udebs that need to be
> considered that are not listed in the build-deps.  qcontrol and
> micro-evtd are two examples.

Frans' original message [1] didn't mention anything about that. He did
mention, though, stuff coming from udebs from testing. Can it be that
qcontrol and micro-evtd are grabbed from testing when building the
installer? (That'd be consistent with the need to mass-migrate udebs
before doing a debian-installer upload.)

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
                -- George Bernard Shaw