Re: jack-audio-connection-kit: Uploading new version to fix alpha FTBFS
- To: Free Ekanayaka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Asheesh Laroia <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Steffen Joerris <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: jack-audio-connection-kit: Uploading new version to fix alpha FTBFS
- From: Luk Claes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 22:32:47 +0100
- Message-id: <495D367F.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <alpine.DEB.2.00.0812130655210.32508@swallowtail> <20081213155634.GA28730@Chamillionaire.breakpoint.cc> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20081214202258.GB2154@Chamillionaire.breakpoint.cc> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <494E7867.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> Hi Luk,
> |--==> On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 18:09:59 +0100, Luk Claes <firstname.lastname@example.org> said:
> LC> Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> >>Hi Asheesh,
> >>|--==> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:52:34 -0800 (PST), Asheesh Laroia <email@example.com> said:
> AL> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> >>>>attached as debdiff.patch against -1
> AL> Actually attached this time. Pardon the noise!
> >>Thanks for all your work, I will upload the package today.
> >>I'm also going to upgrade to version 0.116.1, which contains several
> >>important bug fixes. The upstream developers themselves deprecate the
> >>use of the version 0.109.2, the one currently in Lenny.
> LC> 659 files changed, 134591 insertions(+), 119489 deletions(-)
> LC> Hmm, who is going to explain this in detail?
> LC> You seem to also forget about it being a library and changing shlibs
> LC> means also work for reverse dependencies (either for ignoring this
> LC> version in unstable or for using it when you would succeed in convincing
> LC> us to include it in testing).
> The new version is 100% backward compatible, as a matter of fact there
> were no changes in the lib's API or ABI, just a lot of fixes in the
> code of the *jackd* server, which is built from the same sources.
Well, it's still way too much to review, so we would prefer a targeted
fix to be uploaded to testing-proposed-updates.