Re: jack-audio-connection-kit: Uploading new version to fix alpha FTBFS

Hi Luk,

|--==> On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 18:09:59 +0100, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> said:

  LC> Free Ekanayaka wrote:
  >>Hi Asheesh,
  >>
  >>|--==> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:52:34 -0800 (PST), Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@asheesh.org> said:

  AL> Actually attached this time.  Pardon the noise!
  >>
  >>Thanks for all your work, I will upload the package today.
  >>
  >>I'm also going to upgrade to version 0.116.1, which contains several
  >>important bug fixes. The upstream developers themselves deprecate the
  >>use of the version 0.109.2, the one currently in Lenny.

  LC> 659 files changed, 134591 insertions(+), 119489 deletions(-)

  LC> Hmm, who is going to explain this in detail?

  LC> You seem to also forget about it being a library and changing shlibs
  LC> means also work for reverse dependencies (either for ignoring this
  LC> version in unstable or for using it when you would succeed in convincing
  LC> us to include it in testing).

The new version is 100% backward compatible, as a matter of fact there
were no changes in the lib's API or ABI, just a lot of fixes in the
code of the *jackd* server, which is built from the same sources.

So there would be absolutely no regression in including it in testing,
on the contrary the current version in testing is not really usable,
as its jackd daemon produces buffer overruns in many
situations. Unfortunately the upstream developers have released this
new more stable version (0.116.1) only 11 months after the version
currently in testing (0.109.2), so it was really not possible to
upload a better version before the freeze.

If needed I can ask to the upstream developers for a compatibility
statement.

Ciao!

Free