Re: HPPA and lenny

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Christoph Martin <martin@uni-mainz.de> wrote:

> The kernel build succeded after 71 hours.
[snip]
> What do I have to do to establish and configure it as a buildd host?

How about being a little bit sensible? a C100 will *never* be suitable
as a buildd host. Your offer is certainly generous and appreciated,
but it's not realistic.

There have been other offers in the past (including mine) involving
much more powerful machines (which can build a kernel in a matter of
minutes, not hours). They, so far, have been left unanswered, so it
seems that Debian is satisfied with the current number of hppa
buildds.

Regarding the bugs themselves, there's a fair amount of work currently
ongoing to fix them (check the linux-parisc archive), stay tunned for
(hopefully) good news.

Cheers

--
Thibaut VARENE