Re: libgoocanvas-dev

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 02:47:30PM +0200, z.pekar@gmail.com wrote:
> ps: no important bug-fixes were mentioned in the changelog because
> there were almost no bugs...
> check it: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=goocanvas
> there are only 7 bugs, 5 of which are enhancements and the 2 of normal severity

That's the point.  During a freeze, we're trying to minimize changes
that transition into the next release so that we can actually make the
next release.  A new package which is mostly feature enhancements does
not fall into that category.

Quoting from the last release update:

 A new version may only contain changes falling in one of the
 following categories (compared to the version in testing):
  - fixes for release critical bugs (i.e., bugs of severity critical,
    grave, and serious) in all packages;
  - changes for release goals, if they are not invasive;
  - fixes for severity: important bugs in packages of priority: optional
    or extra, only when this can be done via unstable;
  - translation updates
  - documentation fixes

--
James