More frequent dinstall runs and mirror pushes

Hi

as the subject says, we are planning to increase the frequency of
dinstall[1] runs. Our current plan is to have 4 runs a day, switching
From the current [07|19]:52 schedule to the new [01|07|13|19]:52
schedule. All times are in UTC.

For the mirror network, this means two more pushes a day, but from
current experience this is manageable. If we ever go to more than four
runs our mirror network needs a different setup, as current rsync
deficiencies[2] do not easily allow more frequent pushes.

I plan to switch to the new schedule in 2 weeks.

[1] dinstall is the programm that moves packages from
    incoming.debian.org into the Debian archive.

[2] rsync needs a very long time to do the initial filesystem "check",
    to find out what it actually needs to do. There is currently (afaik)
    no way to improve that, as rsync simply offers no way to "preseed"
    the needed information. I mailed the rsync list in November, but
    unfortunately noone picked it up, so for now i don't see a way to
    make mirror pushes less load on our mirrors.
    http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2008-November/022140.html
    If you feel brave and want to help - there is some nice code to
    write! :)

--
bye, Joerg
<vorlon> hmm, I should fill in the buildds box for sparc and make it