Re: python-uniconvertor breaks help("modules") in python

* Andreas Wenning [Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:43:25 +0100]:

> Hi Release Team

Hello, Andreas. I took a look at this issue in your package.

Firstly, I don't think this bug qualifies as grave, and probably not
even as RC. I wouldn't say help("modules") is that of an important (or
even useful) feature... Additionally, if upstream ships a module that
it's not usefully importable, maybe it should not be in the default path
to begin with?

Secondly, I think the fix is too invasive and that it should be agreed
on with upstream first, if they want indeed their module to be
importable. If not, see above.

Third, because of all of the above, I don't think the upload is suitable
to accepted in testing, not via unstable, let alone via t-p-u.

I'm sorry we took long to reply and you went to the trouble to prepare a
t-p-u upload.

Thanks for your efforts,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                     Listening to: Virginia Glück - El cielo queda atrás