Re: Freeze exception for libg3d

Hi,

On Friday 17 October 2008 13:22, Sven Eckelmann wrote:
> this new package of libg3d fixes the serious bug #501809 which made it

actually, #501809 is filed as important, but as it makes libg3d unusable on
certain release archs, I also think it is serious.

> unusable on big endian systems. All other changes are minor package related
> ones like new copyright file and bump to standards version 3.8.0.
> The package itself is optional and currently has no rdepends in debian.
>
> Regards,
> 	Sven
>
> Source: libg3d
> Version: 0.0.6-3
> Urgency: low
> Maintainer: Debian libg3d maintainer <libg3d@packages.debian.org>
> Closes: 501809
> Changes:
> libg3d (0.0.6-3) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * Only depend on libglib2.0-dev in -dev packages
>   * Add separate copyright informations for debian/* to debian/copyright
>
>  -- Sven Eckelmann <sven.eckelmann@gmx.de>  Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:57:45 +0200
>
> libg3d (0.0.6-2) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * Fix lintian warnings
>     - Only call distclean when a makefile is present
>     - Add standard depends to fix missing depend on libc
>     - Provide symbol file for libg3d0 and fail if it doesn't match with
>       libg3d0 symbols

Pierre didn't approve that change.

_I_ think the rest is fine, do you agree and should/can we proceed with such
an upload to t-p-u? Or what else would you suggest?

>     - Add watch file
>   * Promote libg3d-plugins to "Recommends" for libg3d0
>   * Include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make in debian/rules to manage patches
> and add quilt (>= 0.40) to Build-Depends.
>   * Fix reading of filetypes with floats on big endian systems
>     (Closes: #501809)
>   * Add homepage to control file
>   * Move copyright to new copyright format
>   * Add Vcs informations to debian/control
>   * Add myself to Uploaders list as discussed with Timo Schneider
>
>  -- Sven Eckelmann <sven.eckelmann@gmx.de>  Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:49:09 +0200

regards,
	Holger