Re: Freeze exception for csound

* Felipe Sateler [Thu, 06 Nov 2008 15:28:27 -0300]:

> OK, so I have a fix for the alpha issue (I'm surprised it hadn't failed
> before, it was an alpha-specific fix with a typo).

Ok, please upload it.

> I still have no clues as to why Java is not being picked up in mipsel
> and alpha: both seem to have an existing jni.h and jni_md.h (which is
> what csound looks for). Perhaps the problem is that csound only looks
> in /usr/lib/{java,jvm/java,jvm/java-1.5.0,jvm/default-java}/include.
> The first three are upstream's, the last one is a debian addition.
> Should I be adding more paths?

The mipsel testing chroot had java-gcj-compat-dev already installed,
hence default-jdk-builddep did not get installed.

Maybe the Build-Dependencies are wrong and java-gcj-compat-dev is no
longer enough to build the package? (If you could create a testing
chroot, install java-gcj-compat-dev, then install the rest of the
build-dependencies minus default-jdk-builddep, and see if the build
succeeds, that'd be great.) It would be good to get this cleared out
before uploading the fix for the alpha thing.

Thanks,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Excuse me for thinking a banana-eating contest was about eating a banana!
                -- Paris Geller