Re: Request for freeze exception for maxima

At Mon, 4 Aug 2008 21:03:56 +0100,
Adeodato Simó wrote:
> HE wrote:
> > Rejected. And annoyed.
>
> This means, however, that maxima is left with RC bugs in testing that
> can't be fixed via unstable (hooray!, Camm). [Unless that the newer GCL
> available now has magically made them disappear, do you know if that's
> the case or not?]

maxima would minimally need to be rebuilt (binNMU ?). I am currently
tracking down some strange interaction with randomized sbrk and
pbuilder on my box (that are the same for both 5.15.0-2 and
5.13.0-3.1, and don't seem to be a problem on the buildds), but if I
disable randomized sbrk, then 5.13.0-3.1 seems to build and pass its
self tests with gcl-2.6.7-42.  If this build problem really is just
me, then rebuilding the version currently in testing with a current
gcl could be an option.

I suggest followups to debian-devel until we have something concrete
to propose to the release team.

David