Re: status of default syslog daemon for lenny

Andreas Barth wrote:
* Michael Biebl (biebl@debian.org) [080712 03:23]:
I'm not entirely sure, what you expect from me or Joey.

This topic was already discussed at length a few months ago [1] with a broad consent afaict that switching to rsyslog would be a good idea. Some issues were raised, and I tried to address them.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to restart a new discussion and reiterate what's already been said. Or am I missing something?

What imho is required now is an "Ok" from the release team and action by the ftpmaster team.

It seems we're all waiting for each other to make a decision. As I
didn't see any objections up to now, and I think this change does make
sense, I'd propose the following:

In case I won't see any objection till Tuesday evening, I'll go ahead
and request the change from the ftp-team.

Thanks, Andi.
I guess you've already seen the bug filed by Jonas [1]?

Michael, I'd like to see an explicit "ok" from you to this plan, as
you'll get the burden of maintaining an default installed package now
(though after all I've read up to now I assume you agree).

Yes, I'm fine with this plan.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?