Re: AudoDepWait also for "==", not only ">="?

Luk Claes wrote:
> Joachim Breitner wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Hi

>>> The rationale is easy: a dep-wait doesn't get cleared with a new upload,
>>> so setting a dep-wait for a fixed version is 'not done'.
>> Can you explain that a bit more? As far as I can see, if I do this,
>> everything works as expected:
>
>> So I conclude that Dep-Wait on exact versions are cleared when the
>> appropriate binaries appear in the archive.
>
> Sure, that's not the problem. The problem appears when the appropriate
> binaries don't appear in the archive.
>
> For instance when xmonad 0.7-1 and xmonad-contrib 0.7-1 are initially in
> the archive, xmonad-contrib 0.7-2 gets uploaded, but has some issue so
> xmonad-contrib 0.7-3 is uploaded and xmonad 0.7-3 gets uploaded.
>
> In this case the dep-wait will still be xmonad == 0.7-2 which never got
> uploaded.

>>> Which wanna-build did you use (a.k.a. from which archive did you get it
>>> from)?
>> I’m not sure ATM, but I’ll ask.
>
> Strange, I would think you just put the archive you used in
> sources.list, no?

Anyway, I guess you're not using the one in the main archive (which is
not used on wanna-build.debian.org neither).

You could set a dep-wait on '>=' in case a '==' would be needed though.
That would make sure the dep-wait will be able to be fulfilled in the
above case.

Cheers

Luk