Re: status of default syslog daemon for lenny

Luk Claes wrote:
Jonas Meurer wrote:
Hey debian-release,

Hi

Just wanted to bring up that topic again. I believe it's far to late for
changing the default syslog daemon for lenny to rsyslog, albeit I think
it would be really desirable.

It's not too late for that, though I would rather have that the involved
package maintainers agree on the issue than that the Release Team
'decides' what syslog daemon should be the default for Lenny. Apparently
it's either staying with sysklogd or going to rsyslog, so I Cc-ed both
maintainers.

I'm not entirely sure, what you expect from me or Joey.

This topic was already discussed at length a few months ago [1] with a broad consent afaict that switching to rsyslog would be a good idea. Some issues were raised, and I tried to address them.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to restart a new discussion and reiterate what's already been said. Or am I missing something?

What imho is required now is an "Ok" from the release team and action by the ftpmaster team.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/01/msg01002.html
universe are pointed away from Earth?