Re: xmonad-contrib-{dev,prof} on AMD64, please

Summary for d-release: Please give back xmonad-contrib on
alpha amd64 arm armel hppa ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390
because the dependency xmonad has been built.

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 11.07.2008, 09:42 +0100 schrieb Magnus Therning:
> For the last few days I've been teased when doing upgrades on my Sid
> box, there's a new build of xmonad out with accompanying
> libghc6-xmonad-{dev}.  Unfortunately for me my xmonad config relies on
> xmonad-contrib, and for that there is only the doc-package available
> :-(
>
> If I'm reading the build log correctly at [1] a rebuild should work
> now that the correct version of libghc6-x11-{dev,prof} have made it
> into Sid.  Does the build system require a bit of tickling to attempt
> another build?
>
> /M
>
> [1]: http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=xmonad-contrib;ver=0.7-2;arch=amd64;stamp=1215101541

Yes, that’s right: The buildds try to build xmonad-contrib before xmoand
is available, and then fail because of the build-dependencies. I was
waiting for all arches to have the new xmonad installed to request a
give back, which is now the case.

One of my ideas for DebConf is to see if the scripts can’t be improved
so that packages with unsatisfied build-depends are not even attempted
and are automatically attempted when the dependencies become available –
probably something related to AutoDepWait.

But I’m not expert WRT our buildd network and I don’t know how hard that
is, so I’m hoping I’ll find someone who can show me the right directions
there. Anyone interested?

Greetings,
Joachim
--