Re: Re: What should go into Lenny, aka Where 2.0

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 01:11:29PM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > even if -5 is

> > > Ok, given back.

> > It also FTBFS with jasper 1.900.1-5 ...

> That's due to some weirdness happening on HPPA with gcc. For unknown
> reasons mapserver had -Wl,-z,defs at linking time on hppa and that fails
> with recent gcc (report sent to gcc about that).
> I already got an access to a hppa cluster to investigate...

There's no gcc bug here; the mapserver package is misusing the -Wl,-z,defs
option by specifying it when building a DSO that *will* have undefined
symbols when properly built.  You can try this on any architecture and see
the same results.

The final errors do show that you're missing a link to -ldl on your build
line:

/build/buildd/mapserver-5.0.3/mapcpl.c:165: undefined reference to `dlopen'
/build/buildd/mapserver-5.0.3/mapcpl.c:168: undefined reference to `dlerror'
/build/buildd/mapserver-5.0.3/mapcpl.c:174: undefined reference to `dlsym'
/build/buildd/mapserver-5.0.3/mapcpl.c:192: undefined reference to `dlerror'

But the undefined references to php symbols are totally expected, and the
only problem is that -Wl,-z,defs is being used at all here.