Re: Trouble with haskell-configfile not migrating to testing

* John Goerzen [Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:44:55 -0500]:

Hello John,

> According to http://packages.qa.debian.org/h/haskell-configfile.html,
> tere are two reasons it hasn't migrated: bug #429486 and being out of
> date on s390.

> Strangely, bug #429486 has been marked closed for ages, and this package
> is marked not-for-us on s390.

> Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here?

The problem is the out of date binaries on s390 that are present on the
archive: britney refuses to migrate the package because it thinks it's
not up to date in some arch.

I'm not completely sure what's going on with the "Haskell vs s390" saga,
but if the s390 porter/buildd admin insists or has his reasons for not
having this package built on s390, then you just need to file a bug
against ftp.debian.org asking for the removal of the s390 binaries,
ideally including the reason the buildd admin has for not building them.

After the stale binaries get removed from the archive, the package will
migrate normally (and the bit about #429486 will simply go away as well;
at the moment a bug is regarded as open wrt testing migration if any
arch still has the affected binaries).

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

— Oh, George, you didn't jump into the river. How sensible of you!
                -- Mrs Banks in “Mary Poppins”