Re: Mechanism in place to prevent some packages from being removed from testing

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 02:51:52PM +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:

<details of tasksel-related checking>

Thanks for this, much appreciated. I've been pondering too on this
issue, wondering if we could/should give more warning to (all) qDDs
about upcoming removals. Would it be useful / possible to have a
weekly summary mailed to debian-devel listing packages that are marked
for possible removal, giving (maybe) 2 weeks notice? That way
maintainers and DDs get more warning about removals of packages that
they care about, and a countdown. It *might* push maintainers a little
more to get fixes uploaded. There's a little naming-and-shaming here,
which could make the difference.

Thoughts?

Is there anybody out there?