Re: Considerations for lilo removal

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:19:03AM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:57:32AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > We still very regularly get installation reports where people use lilo
> > rather than grub, so it must still have a fairly significant user base. I
> > would say that the activity on the bug report shows the same.
>
> OTOH, aren't most of these choosing lilo over grub only doing so by
> habit ?

I am usually using grub, but I still have some systems that don't boot
with grub, and the vendor citing the usual we don't support Linux, our
systems boot just fine with all flavours of Windows, go take a hike.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190