Re: verilog REMOVED from testing

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 12:47:21AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 11:39:20AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> > > (Due to a hint from madcoder, according to packages.qa.d.o).

> > > Why was verilog removed from testing?

> > The hints file points to #479983 (filed a month ago).

> > http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/hints/madcoder

> I can't see the value in removing the package from testing based on that
> bug.

If the package can't be built from source, it's not releasable.  There's no
reason to leave unreleasable leaf packages in testing where they obscure our
ability to see those bugs which need to be fixed for release because
removals are not possible.

This is not a new concept.  I'm assuming that your upload rights are intact,
and the bug in question has a patch available - fixing the RC bug would take
less time than posting about it on debian-release...