Re: [Pkg-utopia-maintainers] Bug 418176 to be fixed in r4?

Shachar Or wrote:
I'm sorry that I do not know the procedure... I guess that the packager needs to upload now, or your approval in this matter is required or are we waiting for the packager to say something?

Well, if the RMs ack this two line change, I, as co-maintainer of hal, would be willing to prepare a updated package for etch.

To summarize the issue:
The hal version in etch doesn't allow to mount ntfs volumes with the uid/gid option set. KDE, by default, passes the uid option to hal, so mounting ntfs volumes from within KDE fails.
The fix is a rather low impact, two line, fix.