why isn't cppunit moving to testing?

Hi,

So bjorn.haxx.se says:

Checking cppunit

    * trying to update cppunit from 1.12.0-3 to 1.12.1-1 (candidate is 98 days old)
    * Updating cppunit makes 2 non-depending packages uninstallable on i386: libsp-gxmlcpp-dev, libsp-gxmlcpp1c2a
          o binary package libsp-gxmlcpp-dev is part of source package sp-gxmlcpp
                + sp-gxmlcpp has the same version in unstable and testing (1.0.20040603-3)
          o binary package libsp-gxmlcpp1c2a is part of source package sp-gxmlcpp (explained above)

This leaves me with three questions:

1. How can cppunit make a non-depending package uninstallable?

2. The gxmlcpp packages are already the same version on testing and
   unstable, so if there would be a problem moving cppunit to testing,
   the same problem must already exist for unstable.  What is the
   problem?

3. What do I need to do to get cppunit updated in testing?

Thanks,
-Steve

P.S.  Cc appreciated, since I'm not subscribed.