Re: Please consider bin-NMUs of certain gfortran-using packages on mips/mipsel

Luk Claes wrote:

> Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
>> Hi Release Team,
>
> Hi
>
>> as I mentioned previously [1], a bug in gfortran 4.3 [2,3] caused some
>> FORTRAN code using SIN() / COS() functions to be miscompiled on mips and
>> mipsel with -O1 or greater.  Thanks to Jakub Jelinek and Matthias Klose,
>> this bug should now be fixed in version 4.3.0-4 of Debian's gfortran-4.3
>> package.

[...]
> Scheduled.

Thanks!  Just to keep the Release Team up-to-date on this issue: nearly
all of the relevant packages now have fixed mips and mipsel versions
(either due to bin-NMUs or to new maintainer uploads in the meantime) in
both unstable and testing.

The single exception is raster3d, which has fixed versions in unstable
but still has an older version (2.7d+0-1) in testing, due to a
dependency [0] on the new "ghostscript" binary package which has not yet
entered testing.  I guess these will enter testing together in a few
days [1].

[0] http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=raster3d
[1] http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=ghostscript

best regards,