Re: Freeze exception for shadow

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 07:14:51PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:
>
> > [Nicolas François]
> >> Compared to my previous mail, I added some comments in /etc/login.defs.
> >
> > Will the comments in /etc/login.defs trigger a conffile prompt from
> > dpkg on installations where the local admin had edited login.defs
> > before the upgrade?  If so, I urge you to not make such change in a
> > stable update.
>
> This indeed makes sense. A lot of users tend to use non-interactive
> upgrade process in servers and that would break that.

Sorry, I did not specify it, and the distribution was still UNRELEASED
I'm targeting an unstable upload (and shadow (login) is Essential, thus frozen).

For Etch -> Lenny upgrades, another change in this conf file will already
require a prompt (/usr/bin/X11 removed from PATH).

Best Regards,
--
Nekral