Re: updates bind9 package for etch?

On Tuesday 20 May 2008 11:28, Jan Wagner wrote:
> While reading about the issues of renumbering L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET on
> http://blog.icann.org/?p=309, we should provide asap an up to date db.root
> file.

Reading that blog post, it becomes clear to me that there's no immediate
problem with this address, only that it ideally "shouldn't have been done
this way". I don't see a ground for doing this "asap".

Of course such an update could be put into the next point update if the
maintainer provides it and the SRM's think it's ok. Alternatively we could
roll it into another DSA for bind if an issue with bind would come up
sometime in the future.

cheers,
Thijs