Re: Base system installation errors in testing due to libldap

* Adeodato Simó (dato@net.com.org.es) [080518 16:57]:
> * Russ Allbery [Sun, 18 May 2008 07:53:36 -0700]:
>
> > Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:
>
> > > For amd64 at least I'm currently getting installation errors due to the
> > > fact that both libldap2 and libldap-2.4-2 are in testing and getting
> > > installed, which results in:
>
> > > libldap-2.4-2: Conflicts: libldap2 but 2.1.30.dfsg-13.5 is to be installed
>
> > > Could someone please look into this?
>
> > That would imply that something in the base system is still built against
> > the OpenLDAP 2.1 libraries and probably needs to be binNMU'd.  (And the
> > current OpenLDAP packages desperately need another maintainer with time to
> > work on them, but that's a different problem.)
>
> I don't see such package. Maybe it has to do with the fact that that
> libldap2 is still Prio: important? Frans, are Prio: important packages
> pulled by the default base system install?

That, together with the fact that two packages depend on it:
** libhugs-ldap has an unsatisfied dependency on alpha: libldap2 (>= 2.1.17-1)
** libaws2.2 has an unsatisfied dependency on alpha: libldap2 (>= 2.1.17-1)

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/