Re: Testing migration doesn't check build-depends?

Le May 12, 2008 07:45:11 pm Andreas Barth, vous avez écrit :
> * Filipus Klutiero (chealer@gmail.com) [080513 01:03]:
> > >
> > > Sorry for a stupid question, but how is it ensured in the Debian
> > > project that all packages in stable are buildable in stable?
> >
> > The Debian project doesn't verify that. There are packages that FTBFS in
> > stable. However, it's rare, because there are never large numbers of
> > packages that FTBFS in testing to begin with.
>
> The Debian project does verify it. That doesn't mean there are no bugs,
> but they're clearly bugs.
There's a difference between having some release team members act at times on
debcheck and/or FTBFS bugs and having project infrastructure to "ensure that
all packages in stable are buildable in stable". I didn't mean that nobody
does anything to avoid these bugs or that FTBFS weren't considered bugs.

> If you don't understand the way release management actually works (and
> it does work), please just don't answer on mail to debian-release.
If you prefer denigrating my contributions to answering questions to the list,
please do so more convincingly.

I have no idea what you mean. debian-release@l.d.o is a list, not an account.